Before staring a PR campaign, there are a number of communications issues to be addressed. The first stage is gaining a thorough understanding of your business objectives and shaping a public relations strategy to support this.
The communications audit process described below is flexible to suit your needs. It demonstrates the most effective methods that can be utilised to communicate with your target audiences, and positively differentiate your organisation from its competitors.
A communications evaluation process can:
• Document your company objectives. Identify the ideal public/internal perception you would like to have and how you see public relations activity supporting this
• Provide an understanding of your target audiences and your current communications output to them
• Create profiles of your key audiences to identify the most effective communications channels to use with them and help shift perception towards your organisation
• Benchmark your company against two key competitors, including a communications SWOT analysis, to help evaluate and inform any subsequent PR activities
• Develop a set of key messages for each audience supported by statistical or sourced evidence
• Create a highly focused campaign to overcome audience-perceived weaknesses, re-enforce your strengths and use identified PR strategies to support your business objectives
More Communications Audits News
- PR programmes will benefit from a clear understanding of your public image
One of the advantages of using an external agency to manage a company’s public relations is the market intelligence the agency obtains on their clients’ behalf. It’s human nature to... Read More